If you have an account with Google Calendars you are able to subscribe to a calendar feed that you have setup within WhosOff. In order to subscribe to a feed you will need to follow the steps below.
Important Note: It is possible for staff members to share the link outside the organisation and also for staff members who have left to still be able to access the calendar feeds.
Which feeds are available to me?
In order to establish which feeds are available to you, follow these steps:
- Login to your WhosOff account.
- Click on the "Tools" tab.
- Under Calendar Feeds will be listed the feeds that you are able to subscribe to (as shown below).
If there are no feeds listed on this screen you can contact your Super User and request a feed be created by them (KB Article W02569_N14328)
Screenshot: Staff tools page showing available calendar feeds
How often are the feeds updated?
Feeds are automatically updated by Google. In our experience, Google collects the data approximately once a day at around 04:00hours GMT.
How do I subscribe to an available feed?
To subscribe to a calendar feed that is available to you, follow these steps (you will need to have opened Google Calendars, and be logged into your WhosOff account):
- In WhosOff, from the tools page (mentioned aboved) locate the feed you would like create a subscription to.
- Right click on the feed and select
- "Copy Shortcut" if you are using Internet Explorer
- "Copy link address" if you are using Chrome
- "Copy link location" if you are using Firefox
- In Google Calendars, within the Settings menu click Settings
Screenshot: Step 1 in subscribing to a WhosOff Calendar Feed in Google
- On the left hand side of the screen click on `Add Calendar` and then select `From URL` (as seen above)
- Paste the URL (Line Address copied earlier) into the `URL of Calendar` option by clicking on the field and then pressing CTRL+V on your keyboard, then click `Add Calendar`
- You will then get confirmation of the feed subscription and Google will then start to extract the feed from WhosOff.
Screenshot: Google Calendars showing the new feed subscription from WhosOff
Still not answered your question? Why not contact support