As a security enhancement, WhosOff does not reveal any passwords on the application at any time, to any user, regardless of their user level.
If you have forgotten your password, or if a staff member has forgotten their password, new passwords can be set using the following methods:
- From the login page (https://staff.whosoff.com), click on "Forgot your Password?" link.
- When prompted, enter your Email Address (this must be the same as your WhosOff username) in the space provided and click on Submit.
- If the username is matched within the system you will be sent an email that will contain a Link* allowing you to create a new password.
- Once received, click the Link and you will be taken to a page where you can create yourself a new password. Once happy click Set New Password and Login.
*Due to security reasons the Link in the email will Expire 1 Hour After receiving it. If you do not use it within the Hour then you will need to run the reset process again.
As a Super User on WhosOff you are able to set, but not see, passwords for staff members on the system, to set a new password for a staff member you can follow these steps:
- Login to your account on WhosOff (https://staff.whosoff.com)
- Once logged in, click on the "Administration" tab, located to the right hand side of the navigation bar.
- From the resulting page, under `Manage Staff Members` find the staff member by either using the `Search by Surname` or looking through the list making use of the `Select Department` drop-down box.
- Click on the staff members `Name` or click `Edit` in line with their name on the right hand side of the page
- The staff details page will be shown to you, on the right hand side of the page click `Create New Password`, then enter the new password and click on `Save Changes` at the bottom of the form.
- You can then either inform the user of their new password or you can click `Send Welcome Message` in the bottom left hand corner of the page (still on the Staff Details page)*.
- Once the staff member has logged in they will be able to create a more memorable / secure password.
*Clicking the `Send Welcome Message` option will generate a temporary password to the staff member, once they have logged in using this password they will be required to create a new one.
How safe is your password?
- Include punctuation marks and/or numbers
- Mix uppercase and lowercase letters
- Include similar looking substitutions, such as the number zero for the letter `O`
- Include phonetic replacements, such as `Luv2Laf` for `Love to laugh`
Still not answered your question? Why not contact support