Prior to deleting the staff member from the WhosOff system, we recomend you run and print a number of reports to keep a copy of their leave records after they have left. Once you delete a member of staff their leave records will be lost.
What report`s to run
It is recommended that you run (and keep a copy of) the following reports prior to deleting a staff member:
- Yearly breakdown report - Summary View
- Yearly breakdown report - Breakdown view
- WhosOff Report - for the selected staff member (specifying a date range that spans their employment - to get all leave records)
Deleting the Staff Member
Only Super Users are allowed to delete staff members from within WhosOff, to do this follow these steps:
- Login to your WhosOff account.
- Be sure you have taken copies for your records - see above.
- Click on the "Administration" tab.
- Under Staff Administration, click on Manage Staff Members.
- From the list of staff, locate the member of staff you wish to delete (if you can`t see the staff member you wish to delete you can use the department selector at the top of the screen).
- Next to the staff members` record, click on the Delete link.
- At this point you will be presented with a warning screen asking you to confirm the deletion of the staff member (as shown below).
- Upon clicking the confirmation button, the staff member and all associated records will be deleted.
Screenshot: Confirmation message seen when deleting staff members.
Important: When you delete a staff member, all the holiday records and restrictions are removed from the system and this process is NOT reversible.
Still not answered your question? Why not contact support