How do I stop the system deducting holiday for a National Holiday/Bank Holiday?
The Whosoff system is used by many different organisations in many different countries. Apart from Countries having different national holidays, some organizations work on these days and some don't and they maybe taken as a normal working day.
To manage these days, you have to set, for your department or company**, which of these days are to be counted by the system as 'Free Days' (normally National holidays), adding a day as a "free day" means that the day will not be deducted from a staff members leave allowance if that day is included in a leave request, to manage your companies' Free/Restricted days, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your WhosOff account.
- Click on the "Administration" tab.
- On the right hand side click on "Manage Free / Restricted Days".
- From the resulting screen you are able to enter days that either staff have off, or days in which staff are not allowed to book off.
- Using the form on the right hand side you can specify the day type (Free or Restricted), to which departments the day applies (or All Departments), the date and a description of the date (.e.g "Christmas Day")
Once you have added the days in this section, these will appear on the WhosOff calendar and be visible to staff members.
This means each organisation sets its own national holidays/bank holidays and they are NOT pre-set by WhosOff, so the system can be used world-wide.
You can do this for as far in advance as you want. Bear in mind that some national holidays are not on the same date every year.
How do I find out national/bank holidays for my company?
You can find a list of some country National Holidays below, please bear in mind WhosOff does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in any of the below links.
- New Zealand
- USA (Federal)
- United Kingdom
Please feel free to suggest other useful links that should appear here.
** This may require you to set up the 'free days' for each department within the company group .
Still not answered your question? Why not contact support.