WhosOff is used by many different organisations in many different countries. Apart from Countries having different national holidays, some organizations work on these days and some don't and they maybe taken as a normal working day.
In WhosOff we call our Bank / National Holidays "Free Days", adding a day as a "Free Days" means that the day will not be deducted from a staff members leave allowance if that day is included in a leave request, to Manage / Create your companies "Free Days", you can follow these steps:
- Login to your WhosOff account.
- Click on the "Administration" tab.
- On the right hand side click on "Manage Free / Restricted Days".
- From the resulting screen you are able to enter days that either staff have off, or days in which staff are not allowed to book off.
- Using the "Add" tool on the right hand side complete the form and specify the day type as Free, to which Departments the day applies (or All Departments), the Date and a Description of the date (.e.g "Christmas Day")
- Alternatively select "Import Public Holidays" and select the required Country i.e. United Kingdom, then which Departments the days apply to (or All Departments). Then below will be a list of all known public holidays within the chosen country. Click Add Date in line with each required Bank / National Holiday.
Once you have added the days in this section, these will appear on the WhosOff calendar and be visible to staff members.
This means each organisation sets its own national holidays/bank holidays and they are NOT pre-set by WhosOff, so the system can be used world-wide.
You can do this for as far in advance as you want. Bear in mind that some national holidays are not on the same date every year.
How do I find out national/bank holidays for my company?
You can find a list of some country National Holidays below, please bear in mind WhosOff does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in any of the below links.
- New Zealand
- USA (Federal)
- United Kingdom
Or we would suggest going onto your local governments website as this would give you the most accurate information in relation to which Public Holidays apply to you.
Please feel free to suggest other useful links that should appear here.
Please note - Any leave requests already booked over a Bank Holiday / Free Day will not automatically adjust to take these into account - leave requests will need to be Cancelled / Edited by a Super User to ensure that the allowance deductions are made, whilst taking into account any Free Days. This can be processed by doing the following;
- Login to your WhosOff account
- Click on the "Administration" tab
- Click on "Manage Staff"
- In line with the required staff members name, click "Leave" on the right hand side.
- Next, in line with the appropriate leave request click "Edit", followed by "Check Changes" and finally "Confirm Changes".
You may want to refer to the WhosOff calendar to find out who has booked the Bank Holiday off.
Public / Bank Holidays
national, free, days, restricted, bank, holidays, holiday, christmas, bank holidays, public holidays