Super users may now set minimum department staffing levels for your custom leave types. Within the Manage Departments area, you can select the minimum number of staff required in a department; this in conjunction with the set leave types will help to manage minimum staffing levels. WhosOff will only restrict staff from requesting leave for your selected leave type and if the department level has been set and reached.
How to set up staffing levels per department.
First select which ‘Leave types’ you wish to include in the department levels. For example you may wish Holiday, Overseas and Out of Office to be included but not Sick or Meetings.
To set which leave types are included, sign in to WhosOff and click Administration
- Administration page > select Manage Leave Types
- Manage Leave type page > click Edit on the leave type you wish to include
- Company Leave Types page > click the ‘Restriction / Limits / Levels’ tab and in the Include for Department Staffing Levels area, Tick the check box in the ‘Does this leave effect department levels’ section.
- Administration page > click Manage Departments
- Company Departments page > click Edit on the department you wish to restrict the minimum number of staff required to be at work on any given day*. In the Min.Dept.Staff Level column enter the minimum number of staff required to attend in this department (entering 0-zero will allow any number staff to request leave for this department). After completing this, click Update.
Complete this for any other department you require department levels to be applied.
*Please note that Department Staff Levels also take into consideration Non-Working Days
The Pharmaceutical department has 7 staff and requires 5 staff to attend at all times. Staff may not take any Holidays or Training Days if this level is exceeded. The super user has set via Manage Leave Types on each of the leave types (Holidays and Training Days) to be included in the department levels but has not included any other leave type as they do not effect staffing levels as they are on site leave types. The super user also via the Manage Department area, set the Pharmaceutical department Minimum Dept Staff to 5. Thus, only allowing up to 2 staff to request Holiday and Training days at the same time.
As with ALL restrictions, adding leave via the administration or ‘approver+’ areas, any department levels will not be applied.
Web / Online
Rules & Restrictions
Still not answered your question? Why not contact support