Super users can restrict the number of days allowed by leave type per staff member. A super user may set the whole company to restrict the number of days allowed per leave type via the Manage Leave Types area but also has the extra optional feature to set individual staff member(s) to a personal limit (IMPORTANT! the personal limit overrides any limit set in the company leave types area). When a staff member reaches their personal limit on a certain leave type, the system will then reject the request and inform the staff member. There are two methods to set the personal limit for a staff member or members.
For example – The company standard allowed for Sick leave is 5 days, however new staff members are only allocated 3 days for sick. Any new staff members have their personal leave limit to 3 days.
Method #1 – Individual staff member
- Sign in to WhosOff, click Administration
- Administration page > click Manage Staff Members
- Staff Administration page > click Leave Levels on the staff members row.
- Leave levels page > Select the leave type to restrict and enter the number of maximum days allowed for this leave type, click Add New Leave.
Method #2 – Bulk Add Limits to staff members, this is handy if you have many staff in the same department to apply leave limits too.
Sign in to WhosOff, click Administration
- Administration page > click Staff Leave Type Limits (in the Staff Administration area)
- Staff Leave Type Limits page > Select the department and leave type you wish to apply the
limits. After selecting, the staff in the department are displayed along with any limits they have set against them for the leave type selected. You may select any or all of the staff members you wish to apply a limit to. After selecting, the staff you wish the limit restriction against, enter the number of maximum days limit they are allowed in a calendar year in the text box at the bottom of the Maximum No.of days column. Click Update and each staff member selected will have the limit set against their profile and the display will be updated with the new details.
Still not answered your question? Why not contact support