Setting up your `Who`s Off` may seem a little bit of a daunting task , please don`t worry it`s quick and easy , in fact it will only take a few minutes!
Before you start we suggest you get together a list of all your staff, staff codes (if required) , email addresses, leave entitlement and your companies departments (Departments may not be relevant to your Company however WhosOff requires at least one) .
Log in to WhosOff using your Username and Password , you must be a `Super User` to manage any settings within the system (if you were the person who registered WhosOff then you are the `Super User`)
In the menu bar , select/click the `Administration` tab .
Step 1 - Adding Departments
- In Administration under `Company Administration` ( this can be found in the bottom left hand corner).
- Click on `Manage Departments` . This will take you to the manage departments interface.
- On the right hand side of your screen there is a section `New Department` . Under `Department Name` , select the text area and enter your department name, for example `Sales`
- Confirm the input by pressing `Add Department`
Your department has been added to the list .
If you are a small company, it is not compulsory to complete the departments (however the system needs at least one Department).
Step 2 - Setting `Free` Days or `Restricted` Days
What are `Free` days or `Restricted` days?
A `Free Day` can be used for Bank Holidays , Season Holidays and days that are National Holidays and are days which are not taken from the staff members` allowance.
Where as `Restricted Days` are exactly that, these are to block days and cannot be taken at all i.e Stock Taking.
How do I do this ?
- Back again to the Administration interface , under `Free / Restricted Days` click/select `Manage Free / Restricted Days`. You should now have the `Free / Restricted Days` displayed.
- On the right hand side there is an area `New Free/ Restricted Day`, on the right hand side click Import Public Holidays (to setup Bank / Public Holidays)
- Then select the Country and also who these Apply To i.e. Which Department(s).
Below will appear a list of all public holidays within the chosen country, click Add Date in line with each appropriate one.
Use the Add option to enter an individual Free or Restricted Day.
- Type - Select either `Free` or `Restricted`
- Date - In this section please either click on the `Calender Icon` or `Enter the Date` manually, so for example, the 1st May 2014 you would be required to enter `01/05/2014`
- Apply To - Select `Apply To` - With this option you can select either `All Departments`, an `Individual Department` or a `Selection` of Departments that have the day as `Free` or `Restricted`.
- Description - Please enter a brief description i.e May Day or Stock Take Day
Confirm these details and click `Add New Date` .
A `Free Day` or `Restricted Day` will then be added to the list and also to the WhosOff calendar page.
Step 3 - Adding Staff - (Having done all the above , this next step will be very quick)
You can add your staff . Back again to the administration interface . Under `Manage Staff Members` ,click `Add Staff Member` . You should have the `Staff Details` displayed.
Enter the details of the member of staff as required . The system must have at least the First Name , Last Name , User Name / Email and ** Password plus their yearly allowance you wish to enter to create a staff member record.
Useful tip - You are able to enter the balance of the staffs holiday entitlement (no. of days) left for this year plus the days already booked for the current year.
For Example , a member of staff has 10 days remaining un-booked plus 4 days booked forward of today ,the allowance we suggest you enter would be 14 . The system will let the staff member or the administration book those 4 days live and leave a correct balance of 10.
** Password suggestion - When creating the staff record , give everybody the same password i.e their first name and ask them to change it when they first log in to the system .
Step 4 - Adding Restrictions - (Not everybody will want to use restrictions)
Once your staff have been added to the Who`s Off system , you may restrict certain people having the same holiday / leave time off .
To do this , click back to the administration interface , under `Manage Staff Members` , click `Manage Staff Members` . You should now have `Staff Administration` displayed .
Click on the member of staff you wish to restrict . You will now have `Restrictions for: ` and the name of staff memberdisplayed .
You will also have a drop down list on the left hand side which will show all the staff members if you click the down arrow . Select from this list the staff member you wish to restrict . You may also add the restriction back to the staff member you have selected if you click the `tick` box next to `Add Reverse Entry` .
To confirm this restriction click the `Add` button . You will then be given another line to select another staff member for restriction.
When you have finished adding the restrictions for this staff member and you wish to restrict another staff member , go back to the `Staff Administration` interface and select another member .
If you selected the `Add Reverse Entry` then the restriction for that person will already be completed.
There is a report available on the system that will show you what Restrictions have been setup to who in your Company.
Web / Online
Still not answered your question? Why not contact support