THE THREE LEVELS OF APPROVER
There are three Approver user levels which super users can assign to managers, giving the approvers more control over their staff members' leave and overtime. The three options are;
- Approver - This is the standard permission for an approver, allowing them to approve or decline leave requested by any user they are set to approve.
- Approver with Add Leave/Overtime - This allows the approver to also add leave or overtime on behalf of any staff member they are set to approve.
- Approver with Add Leave/Overtime & Edit/Cancel Leave - As above, but with the extra option to edit previously requested leave and also cancel any leave for a staff member.
Overtime cannot be edited, only cancelled, and this must be done by a super user - approvers are limited to managing their staff members' leave only.
Adding and editing leave will still follow any restrictions that have been set by the super users, for example approvers who add leave for their staff must still observe set notice periods and cannot add more leave than the user's entitlement allows. We also have an article on How to add leave for staff as an approver, for more information.
ASSIGNING EXTRA PERMISSIONS
- Login to your WhosOff account
- Click on Administration on the Left Hand menu
- Then click on Manage Staff
- Click on the relevant user's name (you may want to use the filters at the top to find them more easily)
- Click on Profile on the left
- Under Account Setup, change the User type dropdown to either Approver, Approver with add leave/overtime, or Approver with add leave/overtime & edit/cancel leave
- Click Save changes.
add staff leave
INSTANTLY REDUCE TIME SPENT ON LEAVE MANAGEMENT
Get your long FREE trial today!
No obligation and no payment setup required.
Sign up today and get until Wednesday, 26th July 2023 to try the full service, for Free!
Start Your Free Trial