This will bring up a screen showing the staff whom you are set to approve, their allowances, and a Manage option. If you have the additional permissions you will see a Book leave and Book overtime option as well.
Conversely, clicking Book overtime will present the Right Hand menu with the Overtime request process instead. To carry out the submission, proceed as follows;
- What type of overtime do you want to submit? - Time Off In Lieu
- What date did the overtime occur? - Select your Start Date
- What time did it start? - Enter the Start Time
- How long was the overtime? - Select the duration of the request (Max. 24 hours in 30 minute increments)
- Would you like to request lieu time back?* - This will allow you to select how much Lieu Time you would like to request and will depend on your Allowance Type (Days or Hours)
- Any notes? - Allows you to submit a note entry for the overtime request
- Once you've entered your required overtime request details, double check the details are correct and click on Submit. You can also adjust any information prior to this, or click Cancel to abort the request.
Upon clicking Submit you will be presented with a confirmation message. As you are submitting this on behalf of your own staff, the leave or overtime will be automatically approved, and email notifications will be sent confirming your submission.
For leave requests, it will also override any restrictions set, allowing you to enter leave in the past, on restricted days or add more leave than the staff member is entitled to. However you will see a warning if the leave would normally be affected by a restriction.
EDIT STAFF LEAVE
On clicking Manage you will be taken to the user's leave page. You can use this page to view their leave records and the details of their requests. If you have the user level Approver with Add Leave/Overtime & Edit/Cancel Leave, you will see an Edit button in line with the requests.
To edit an existing request click Edit, this will show the request in the Right Hand menu. You can change the start date, duration or update the request notes but you cannot change the leave type (to do this the request would need to be cancelled and re-submitted). Once you have made any changes, click Check details and Submit leave.
CANCEL STAFF LEAVE
To cancel a request, click the Cancel button in line with the relevant request. A confirmation message will appear, click Confirm to process the cancellation. This will send an email notification to the staff member and their approver / notifiers.