As a security enhancement, WhosOff does not reveal any passwords on the application at any time, to any user, regardless of their user level.
If you have forgotten your password, or if a staff member has forgotten their password, new passwords can be set using the following methods:
- From the login page (https://app.whosoff.com), click on Forgot your Password? at the bottom
- When prompted, enter your Email Address (this must be the same as your WhosOff username) in the space provided and click on Submit
- If the username is matched within the system you will be sent an email that will contain a temporary password
- Once received, go to log in with your email address and the temporary password.
If your username is not an Email Address, you will not be able to reset your password and will need to contact your super user for assistance.
It is strongly recommended to change the temporary password to something more memorable after you log in. To do this;
- After logging in, click on your name at the top right
- In the resulting dropdown, click My Details / Settings
- Click the Staff profile tab on the left
- Click Create new password
- Enter and confirm a new password
- Click on Save changes.
As a super user on WhosOff you are able to set, but not see, passwords for staff members on the system, to set a new password for a staff member you can follow these steps:
- Login to your WhosOff account
- Click Administration on the Left Hand menu
- Click Manage Staff
- Click on the name of the user for whom you would like to set a new password (you may want to use the filters at the top to find them more easily)
- Click the Profile tab on the left
- Click Create New Password
- Enter and confirm the new password
- Click on Save changes at the bottom of the form.
You can then (separately) inform the user of their new password.
Alternatively you can click on the Generate & send new password button at the bottom of the screen (still on the Profile page), clicking this will send the Staff Member a New Temporary Password which they can use to log in with, once logged in they will be able to create a more memorable password. If you Generate a Temporary Password, you do not need to create a password, as the system will assign one automatically.
HOW SAFE IS YOUR PASSWORD?
Tips for creating a secure password include;
- Longer passwords are more secure - WhosOff requires the password to be at least 8 characters
- Include punctuation marks and/or numbers
- Mix capital and lowercase letters
- Include similar looking substitutions, such as the number zero for the letter 'O'
Security & Technical